Has the social network world finally worn you down and you want out? Do you want to delete your Facebook account? Facebook certainly makes it very hard to permanently delete your account and in most cases we would advocate that you temporarily disable your Facebook account rather than a permanent deletion. However if you are set on deleting your Facebook account then please follow the directions below but remember to back up all your data beforehand and be absolutely certain that this is the path you wish to choose.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
- Save all data from your Facebook account that you might need in the future. This might include photos and friend’s contact information, which you will not have access to after you delete your account. Click on “Account Settings.” Click on the gear icon in the top-right-hand corner. Click on the “Download a copy of your Facebook data” link.
- Clear your Facebook history data to ensure as little information as possible about you remains on the network. Click the “Privacy” button in the top-right-hand corner. Click on the “Who can see my stuff?” option and open the “Activity” log. Designate which areas of your activity you would like to delete.
- Uninstall the Facebook application from your mobile devices such as your smartphone and tablet.
- Ask yourself again if you are sure you want to delete your Facebook account permanently.
- Go to the Facebook “Delete Account” page.
- Click the “Delete my Account” button to confirm that you wish to delete your Facebook account. The account will be fully deleted within 2 weeks.
How to Delete the Facebook Account of a Deceased Loved One
In the event that you lose a loved one and you would like to report their death to Facebook so that the account can be deleted please follow the guidelines specified by Facebook. You can also request to memorize the account of a loved one so that not all details and information are lost forever.