Social media has become such a big part of people’s lives today that businesses cannot afford to ignore it. However the problem is that there are so many different social networks to connect on that having to manage multiple social media accounts can become a very time-consuming process for a small business. To save yourself the extra expense of hiring dedicated staff to manage your social media you can use a social media management tool Hootsuite to manage multiple social media accounts in one place and sync your updates across all accounts.
Hootsuite allows you to setup your various social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ WordPress and more to run side by side in tabs across your screen. When you click on one of these tabs then you view individual columns for the information streams from each network such as news feed, messages, wall posts and events.
When you want to add a status update then rather than go and type in into every single network you just need to add the text and links and select which networks you want to post on. The software lets you know that you are within character limit (which is especially important for Twitter) and can shorten links if necessary. A really useful feature is the ability to schedule posts, meaning you can set aside time to put together a schedule of posts to go out and schedule when they are released to ensure that they will be seen at optimal times. Hootsuite can also advise you on this. This can be immensely time-saving for small businesses and enable them to keep an active social profile. That being said it is still important to check your social media feeds to see if there are questions and conversations you should be engaging with. This though is made much easier by having all of your networks in one place so you can quickly monitor activity.
As well as being a web-based application which you can access from any Internet connection, Hootsuite also has free apps available for iOS and Android devices to enable you to keep your social media updated on-the-go. It is all free unless you want even more features such as social media reporting, in which case you might want to look at a premium package. But as a quick free time-saving solution to manage multiple social networks Hootsuite is the perfect solution.
How to Setup Hootsuite to Manage Multiple Social Media Accounts
- Navigate to the Hootsuite website
- Click on the “Sign-up using Facebook” and allow Hootsuite to access your Facebook. Alternatively fill in the “Email Address,” “Full Name” and “Password” fields and click the “Sign Up Now” button.
- Enter a chosen password in the designated field and choose your geographical area from the drop-down menu. Click “Create Account.”
- Click on the social networks you would like to include and grant Hootsuite access to each account. You might have to enter usernames and passwords to do this. Click “Continue”
- Add further social networks from within the app by clicking on the “Add Social network” button in the main dashboard. You are now set up to manage all of your major social network feeds from one place