One of the more frustrating things about the iPhone is the using of a different file format for ringtones and message tones, meaning that you cannot simply use tracks straight out of your iTunes library as ringtones. Let’s be honest as well, the stock ringtones provided on an iPhone by Apple suck as well. If you would like to further personalise your phone then it is possible to get free iPhone ringtones without having to install any extra apps or software. There are loads of websites online that you can get free ringtones from but for the purposes of this information we will refer to Free Ringtones. This site allows you to download ringtones directly to your iPhone or your PC where you can install them in iTunes for syncing.
How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Open your preferred Internet browser on your iPhone or PC.
- Navigate to the Free-Ringtones.cc website
- If you know the name of the ringtone that you are looking for then go to step 4. If you want to browse available ringtones then go to step 5.
- Type the name of the ringtone that you are looking for into the “Search” text field at the top of the screen. Click on “Search.” Go to step 7.
- Scroll down the page to look at the top ringtones download lists and lists for your local area. Alternatively mouse over the “Browse Ringtones” drop-down menu in the navigation bar and click on the genre you wish to find a ringtone in.
- Scroll through the list of available ringtones until you find a ringtone that you wish to download.
- Click on the ringtone title to open up the download options.
- Click on the purple “Play” icon to hear what the ringtone sounds like, to assist you in your decision.
- Tap the “Send to Phone” option to begin the download on your phone. The ringtone will be downloaded to your iPhone. Go to step 14. If you are downloading to your PC then click on the “Download for iPhone” button. The ringtone file will be downloaded to your downloads folder.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the library drop down menu in the top left-hand corner and select “Tones.”
- Drag and drop the ringtone file into the tones window to add it to the library.
- Sync your iPhone with iTunes.
- Tap the “Settings” app button on your iPhone home screen.
- Scroll down and open “Sounds.”
- Tap “Ringtone.” Scroll through your ringtone choices until you find your downloaded ringtone. Tap it once to preview it and make sure that a tick designates it has been selected. Press the home button. Your new ringtone is now installed as the phone ringtone.