Reading a book on an eReader such as a Kindle or iPad has become one of the most used features of tablets. The ability to store thousands of books on one device means that you can have access to all your books and the ability to get more from online bookstores from anywhere you have your tablet. It is also possible to get free eBooks for your Amazon Kindle device or app or iBooks on the iPad. Free eBooks can be sourced directly from the online bookstores themselves, or for a greater selection of titles from a number of file sharing sites also the legality of downloading from these sites is questionable.
Get Free eBooks from Amazon and Apple App Store
There are thousands of titles available for free download directly from Amazon Kindle store or the Apple iBooks store. The reasons for the titles being free are either the copyright has expired which you will find in the case of many of the classic authors such as Charles Dickens, Alexandre Dumas, Arthur Conan Doyle and Jules Verne. The other reason is new authors seeking to get their work downloaded and discovered to build a following. To get free eBooks directly from the store for your device then simply follow the directions given below.
- Sign in to your Kindle or Apple account depending on the device/app you are using.
- Navigate to the Kindle Store or iBooks store.
- Kindle users- Select “Books > Kindle eBooks.” Sort the price “Low to high.” All of the free titles will be displayed first. Download the free titles you wish to read.
iBooks Users- Tap the “Store” button in-app. Select the “Top Charts” option from the lower navigation menu. All of the top free books are displayed in the right-hand column. Download the title you wish to read
Get Free eBooks from Tuebl
Tuebl is a comprehensive database of book titles with well over 33,000 titles available to download directly from the site. With the works of over 11,000 authors stored here it is odds-on you will be able to find the title which you are looking for and download it for free. The legality of this is questionable although under current guidelines it is said that downloads from Tuebl are legal as Tuebl offers the author the chance to remove the book from the library if they object to its presence there. Tuebl also offers you the chance to purchase a legitimate copy of the book from Amazon.
- Navigate to the Tuebl website.
- Enter the name of the author or title of the book that you are searching for in the “Search” text field in the top navigation bar. Hit “Enter.” Alternatively click on the “Browse” button to browse the website for different authors and titles.
- Scroll down the list of titles until you reach the book you want. Click on the title of the book.
- Scroll to the base of the page and click on the “Download ePub” button. Your download will begin automatically
- Unzip the downloaded file and drag the .ePub document into your eReader storage to install the book.