Since the rise of social media, most businesses are trying to establish a presence on the social media giants in addition to their own websites. Facebook is currently the largest of the social networks and have added the option for businesses to have their own page in a different format to a normal member profile. This is a completely free service and an ideal starting point to using Facebook to obtain exposure for your business.
1. Navigate to the Facebook for business page. Click the green “Create Page” button in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click on the box that best indicates the type of business that you will be promoting. In the slide-up menu, choose the category that best fits your business and fill in the business name in the text box. Check the box to indicate that you agree to the Facebook Terms & Conditions and click the blue “Get Started Button.”
3. Create a Facebook account at the next stage if you do no already have one.If you already have a Facebook account and are logged-in, this step will be skipped.
4. Create your profile picture. Upload your logo or another photo which can be associated with your business or product.
5. Set the web address when prompted. This should be memorable so you can direct people easily to it. If possible use your business domain so it is easy to remember. For example “Fred’s Bicycle Repairs” could be represented as “facebook.com/fredsbikerepairs.”
6. Choose a cover photo. Upload a cover photo that best represents your brand or product. It should be eye-catching and interesting as it is the first thing that people will see when they navigate to your page. The ideal dimensions for a Facebook cover photo are 851 px by 315 px.
7.When in your page dashboard, click the “Edit Page” button located in the “Admin Panel.” From the drop-down menu that appears, click on “Update Page.” Fill in the rest of your company’s details.
8.Keep your page updated and active. Put interesting things on the page and try to build up your “likes” and followers. The best advertising in the world is word-of-mouth so it is time to get people talking online and sharing your business activity.