How to Get Photoshop for Free
When it comes to image editing one of the undisputed top programs is Adobe Photoshop. All versions of the software over the years have been feature-packed enabling users to carry out simple photo edits such as cropping or changing the image size and orientation to advanced image editing and creation for the more technical-minded user. The latest version available is Photoshop 6 part of the Creative Suite 6 package and offers the best in image editing features. The trouble is that Adobe Photoshop is very expensive even with the latest initiative by Adobe which is to pay monthly fees to use the software rather than a massive one-off fee. However there is now a way to download a version of Photoshop for free, completely legally.
As of January 2013 the activation servers for Creative Suite 2 have been switched off, meaning that you can download the CS2 version of Photoshop for free without having to pay for an activation code. While the CS2 version has nothing like the functionality of the current version it is still one of the most powerful imaging tools available for download and especially of those which are available for free. There are no pirate codes involved in getting the software and downloads are available for both Windows and Mac users.
At this time this is the only legal way to get Photoshop for free and you can additionally download the entire CS2 suite to gain access to other great Adobe programs such as After Effects and Illustrator.
How to Get Photoshop for Free Steps
- Navigate to the Adobe website and click on the “Create Account” link
- Follow the instructions to create a MyAdobe account.
- Visit the CS2 Downloads page. Adobe will display a message warning that such software s outdated. Click the “I Agree” button to move forward.
- Scroll down the page to the Photoshop CS2 downloads section. Click on the relevant download link (Mac users- PhSp_CS2_English.dmg.bin, Windows Users- PhSp_CS2_English.exe). Designate the folder where you would like to store the download and click “Ok.” Your download will begin. Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation wizard.
- If you would like the full Adobe CS2 suite then click on the relevant CS2 download link at the top of the list. Photoshop is included in the full Creative Suite 2.
A note for Mac users: Photoshop CS2 is a PowerPC application and as such requires an older PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor to run or an appropriate adapter. Windows users should encounter few problems in installing the software.
- Previous Free Fake Call App for iPhone- Fake Call Now App Review
- Next How to Get Free eBooks for Kindle and iBooks