How to Create Tabs for Facebook Business Pages for Free
The position of social media in life today means that businesses cannot afford to remain apathetic to the large networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Facebook now gives users the option of having a dedicated page for their business in addition to their normal Facebook profile. These business pages can be set up like a website with all of the Facebook features to display information about your business and interact with customers via Facebook. You can create tabs for Facebook pages to directly display information from your website and aid navigation for users who want to interact via Facebook and not visit the website. Creating a custom tab requires developing a Facebook app however this is not difficult and you can have your custom tab running on your page in a matter of minutes.
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Create Tabs for Facebook
- Visit the Facebook Developer Login Page and sign in.
- Click on the “Create New App” button in the top-right-hand corner.
- Enter what you want to call your app (tab) in the “App Name” text field. Fill in the unique ID for your tab in the “App Namespace” text area. This will be the ID for your app in the displayed URL.
- Enter the security captcha to advance to the next stage.
- Enter the website domain that you will be pulling the page from for your Facebook tab in the “App Domain” field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the option. Check “Page tab” as your Facebook app integration option. Enter the name for the tab in the “Page Tab Name” entry field. Fill in the details of the URL the page will be pulled from in “Page Tab URL.” Use the same URL for the “Secure Page Tab URL” field but ensure that it is an “https://” address rather than “http://.” If you do not have a secure site then your site will be blocked to Facebook users so it wis worth looking into getting an SSL certificate for your site. Click on the “+” sign under “Page tab image” and follow the direction to install a custom image for your tab. Click on the “Save Changes” button.
- In the URL bar type in “http://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=YOUR_APP_ID&next=YOUR_URL”, making sure to substitute “YOUR_APP_ID” and “YOUR_URL” for your details. Hit “Enter.” You will be redirected to a page where you will be asked which page you would like to add the tab to. Designate your business page and navigate to the page to ensure that the tab is added correctly. Click on the tab to access information from your website within Facebook.
- Previous Find and Watch Movies on Your iPad Free- Luma App Review
- Next MySocial App Review- Access All Your Social Networks in One App